Watch highlights from our Water Wednesdays series!
Our three-part Water Wednesdays series took place in October and featured local experts talking local water: from algae blooms to zebra mussels and everything in between.
We recorded each event and are excited to now present three highlight videos!
Special thanks to our Water Wednesdays sponsor, Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc., to our special guests – and of course, to everyone who joined us in Assiniboine Park for these lively conversations.
Oct. 5 – Frankly, Lake Winnipeg, no one gives a damn: Public perceptions and why they matter – with special guests:
- Richard Cloutier, Broadcaster, 680 CJOB/Global News
- Mary Agnes Welch, Research Associate, Probe Research, former Winnipeg Free Press policy reporter
Oct. 12 – Creating smart water policy: Who gets to make the rules? – with special guests:
- Gordon Goldsborough, Chair of the Manitoba Water Council, professor at the University of Manitoba (Department of Biological Sciences)
- Matthew McCandless, Executive Director of IISD Experimental Lakes Area
- Paul Vogt, President, Red River College, former Manitoba Cabinet Secretary
Oct. 19 – So now what: Water stewardship in the real world – with special guests:
- Justin Reid, Manager, LaSalle Redboine Conservation District
- Loren Remillard, President and CEO, The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
- Francesco Zurzolo, Water and wastewater treatment systems designer, SNC-Lavalin Inc.