We’re hiring for summer 2020!
Update: application closed
The arrival of COVID-19 in Manitoba has caused many changes to our daily lives. We want to ensure all potential applicants have the time they need to shift plans, make decisions, and prioritize actions that will help protect their health and the health of those around them.
For this reason, the deadline for applications for both positions has been extended until end of day, Friday, April 3.
Here are some other steps we are taking and/or considering with respect to our summer hiring process:
- Interviews will be conducted online.
- The start date of one or both positions may be delayed.
- Position responsibilities may be adjusted or changed in response to new circumstances, and to protect the health of our staff team, our volunteers and supporters, and our community.
Like everyone else, we are adjusting to a new and uncertain reality. LWF continues to monitor information from credible sources and adapt our plans accordingly.
Are you a full-time student looking for summer work before returning to school in the fall? We’re hiring for two positions!
- Summer Outreach Coordinator: This person will be responsible for activating community engagement through the planning, promotion and delivery of a series of outreach and fundraising events in Winnipeg and various lakeside communities.
- Community-Based Monitoring Coordinator: This person will support the field activities of the Lake Winnipeg Community-Based Monitoring Network, enabling the collection of robust and credible citizen-generated phosphorus data.
If you’re passionate about the environment and love working with people, apply to join our team and help us restore and protect the health of our great lake!
Applicants interested in the Summer Outreach Coordinator position should forward their resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants interested in the Community-Based Monitoring Coordinator position should forward their resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
Applications for both positions are due by end of day, Thursday, March 26th, 2020. Please note, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
LWF’s hiring, promotion and compensation decisions are based on assessment of employee skills, ability and experience with respect to the requirements of the position. LWF does not discriminate based on sex, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status or any other factor unrelated to an employee’s performance.